On the 8th of November 2021, Mrs. Aimi Osman (Project Manager of Alunan Coral Project) was invited to a sharing session for Marine Resources Management (MMS3623) class, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu. Throughout the session, Mrs. Aimi shared about the role of Alunan Resort in conserving coral in Perhentian Island waters, Terengganu. Alunan Resort was appointed as one of the Malaysian Department of Fisheries (DOF) strategic partner in resource management, focusing on the restoration of damaged reef around Pulau Perhentian and conducting the marine awareness program with the public. Besides that, Alunan Resort also actively collaborate with the local universities on the coral conservation program, planting variety of corals in their nursery as well as on energy recycling to make full use of any energy within the resort compound. Mrs. Aimi also stated that until July 2021, Alunan Coral Project has successfully built a large area of coral nursery, planted 1,555 corals, and convinced the public to adopt 454 corals within the Pulau Perhentian waters. This project also has initiated the corals adoption program via Lazada, where anyone can adopt corals and participate in coral conservation just in one click. Everyone is welcome to visit their coral nursery and participate in the conservation program as well. Let’s conserve our nature by adopting corals (bit.ly/AlunanAdoptCoral) and everyone is welcome to follow them via bit.ly/AlunanCoralProject or bit.ly/AlunanCoralProjectIG.
- MARE project meeting 5th, 10th May 2022
- 11-12 April 2022 1st Ocean Pollution and Ecotoxicology Symposium (OPECS 2022)
- 09.03.2022 SEMINAR ON COASTAL AND MARINE GEOLOGY 2022 DEEP SEABED MINING: PERSPECTIVE FROM A DEVELOPING NATION
- 22nd – 25th February 2022 UniKL Exibition and Open Day ORGANIZER
- 8th February 2022 Welcoming and Orientation Day for 1st year Students (Bachelor and Postgraduate Programme)
No comments to show.